“Its not the size of the electrode but the amperage of the machine that counts”
Richard – Weld Engineer Tech Inspections
- To explain the principles of the Metal Inert Gas welding process
- To identify the components to commence welding
- To identify and explain the controls for the MIG/MAG / Manual Metal Arc and TIG processes
- To identify the key features and benefits of the Manual Metal Arc and TIG processes
- To give guidance on the selection of appropriate equipment for Manual Metal Arc and TIG applications
Key Learning Points
When the module is complete the trainee should understand the following:
- The meaning of MIG/MAG / Manual Metal Arc and TIG abbreviations and terminology
- The different types of metal transfer – Dip, Spray, Globular and Pulse modes of transfer
- The equipment required for common applications
- Method of control of parameters i.e., the effect of voltage control, wire speed, inductance etc.
- Common process problems, identification and rectification
- Process relationship with other processes
- The selection of appropriate equipment and consumables
We are proud to use Tech Inspections Ltd & welding services, for their professionalism and expertize in the training of our engineers to the standard of coded welding, and obtaining the necessary certificates.
Tech Inspections have always shown professionalism and vast experience in the role as our Responsible Welding Co-ordinator. They have assisted with audits and given us appropriate guidance where required, whilst offering practical hands-on training and advice whenever needed.
We have worked withTech inspections for a few years now. Dominic is always extremely helpful ans responsive, particularly so with our CE approval process not to mention welder training and all the accompanying paperwork. We would highly recommend Tech Inspections to other fabrication companies looking for assistance in these areas